Supporting Positive Behaviour
Through our STEP Program we provide students, staff and our community with the neccessary safe environment to ensure supportive and positive learning conditions. Through the development of this program we foster appropriate and acceptable behaviour and provide consistency of approach for students, staff and parents, as well as set out procedures for supporting and encouraging desired behaviour.
- A positive, inclusive environment within the classroom and the playground where cultures and diversity are celebrated.
- Use of restorative practices so that conflicts can be resolved in positive ways.
- A recognition of students whose appropriate behaviour promotes a positive and caring school.
- Establishment of rules and procedures to protect the rights and safety of all individuals.
- Staff, students and the community will be informed of school expectations for appropriate and acceptable behaviour.
- The Key Competencies embedded with the Values and Principals of the New Zealand Curriculum will be used as a frame work to scaffold positive behaviour at Papatoetoe East Primary School. The acronym TRUMP will be used as a framework to provide guidelines for students and teachers. See the connections between the New Zealand Curriculum and TRUMP
- Relating to Others
- Using Language, Symbols and Texts
- Managing Self
- Participating and Contributin
- Access to Steps Towards Positive Behaviour in Our School (STEPS) will be available electronically to staff and parents. See the STEPS program
- New staff will be made familiar with STEPS through the induction process.
- It is expected that all staff will consistently adhere to STEPS.
Procedures for STEPS Towards Positive Behaviour in Our School. See STEPS Procedure